What is Project Management Software?
Project management software is used for scheduling project, cost control, resource allocation, communication, quality management and documentationor or administration systems, which are used to deal with the complexity of large projects.
Most of the big companies are using one of the following Project Management Software listed above. It's designed to support multiple users modifying different sections of the plan at once and delivered the project on time.
In the company i working right now, we used Mavenlink for our project collaboration, it's a very nice software aside from their friendly UI of the software most of the project management software features that the companies looking for is already in the mavenlink. It's a better way to manage your projects from start to finish. Mavenlink is now completely integrated with Google Apps and Intuit Apps Center .
For more info about Mavenlink - Online project management software.
Mavenlink Project Management
Mavenlink Launches in Intuit App Center with Quickbooks Integration
Image source: getapp.com
Pivotal Tracker is the award winning agile project management tool that enables real time collaboration around a shared, prioritized backlog. It keeps everyone, even distributed teams focused and on the same page, with an integrated, always up to date story board. Your team will stay on target with Tracker's continuous, automatic prediction of milestone completion dates, based on historical performance. Most importantly, you'll get the right product to the market, sooner, based on Tracker's simple, yet powerful workflow which encourages continuous customer feedback and prioritization.
10 reasons I like Pivotal Tracker.
- It’s free.
- It’s hosted.
- It’s a joy to use. It’s the iPod of project management software. It’s all drag-and-drop and clickity-clack and it just works.
- It’s multi-user. Your co-founder in North Korea can make changes in Tracker and you will see them instantly. No page reloads.
- It’s for lean startups. The building block in Tracker is a story: an increment of customer value that you deliver with minimal waste.
- It’s about completing your next most important task—not maintaining mile-long to-do lists, Gantt charts, and lists of bugs.
- It’s transparent. Everybody on the team knows what everybody else is working on, their priorities, and their accomplishments.
- It’s in sync with reality. It doesn’t take time to keep your requirements and schedule in sync with reality, even if your business priorities change daily.
- It doesn’t do much. No, it doesn’t do dependencies and critical paths. It just keeps you focused on delivering value to customers.
- Bonus reason: Everything is on one page—there’s no need to navigate around (unlike other project management tools). More Gmail, less Hotmail.